International Professional Canyoning Training Course: Instructor High Vertical ICTC/INHV
Do you wish to guide canyoneers in bigger canyons equipped with remarkable verticals (70m and more)?
INHV training course will meet your expectations.
You will be trained by an ICOpro Examiner (Senior Trainer level minimum, specialized High Vertical), and will get certified at the end of the course thanks to the Instructor Card.
A couple of months after you got certified, you will receive by mail your professional card including a one-year free licence, offered products: Canyoneer Cards, « ICOpro Instructor » tee-shirt, cap and your certificate.
5 consecutive days.
Instructor High Vertical training course will take you higher for supervising groups into canyons of high verticals.
You will become proficient in advanced techniques and group management in this specific context.
Have a medical certificate issued less than three months prior to the training course, testifying that the trainee is physically and mentally fit for canyoning activities.
Have a valid first-aid certificate issued less than two years, including minimum course duration of 12 hours.
You must take your personal equipment.
Your ICOpro center will provide complementary technical equipment.
If you do not have yet any equipment, you can rent to the organizer center.
Skills you will learn
You will master advanced techniques for progressing and setting-up high verticals.
You will control the timing, rope logistics and assistant’s positioning for passing belays and rebelays, with maximum safety conditions.
You will anticipate the risks associated with the descents of high verticals. You will quickly react to the diverse situations that will be encountered.
You will apply psychology and pedagogy fields required to supervise a group in canyons equipped with high verticals.
You will be ready to rescue someone stuck halfway of the high descent.
Certifications and test
- You will be evaluated all along your training (5 days) on your abilities to understand, analyse, anticipate, progress and supervise a group in a canyon with high verticals. 100% positive response required on security manoeuvers to validate your test.
- Theory test including 50 questions. 80% positive response required.
Advantages of being a certified Instructor High Vertical
- You will take the same advantages as the Instructor level 3; in addition, the possibility to guide canyoneers in a canyon with high verticals.
- If you wish to continue the ICOpro programme and take the Instructor Rescue Advanced training, note that Instructor High Vertical training is one of the compulsory training courses you selected among Instructor White Water and Instructor Ice Canyon.
Maximum number of canyoneers authorized per level of Instructors, compulsory accompanied with the Assistant, for a CAI training course and/or guided tour (for ICOpro canyoneers already validated).
|Number of Canyoneers authorized
V3 a4 III
V4 a3 III
V4 a4 III
V5 a4 IV
Please note that no CAI training course will be authorized in canyons rated V5
Get ICOpro certified - Be prepared to be a Trainer
- Professional Program Details
- ICOpro Professional Canyoning Charter
- Canyoneer Photographer
- Assistant Instructor
- Instructor level 1
- Instructor Level 3
- Instructor High Vertical
- Instructor White Water
- Instructor Ice Canyon
- Instructor Rescue Advanced
- Instructor Explorer - Developer
- Senior Trainer
- Training Master
- Head Training Master
- Training Course Schedule